Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Is Mike Lowell Insane?



I can't tell if Mike Lowell is a sincerely nice guy or if he's totally nuts. I mean, he just resigned with the Red Sox for 3 years at about $13 million a year. He said he always wanted to stay in Boston, that he's financially all set and that he wants to drink World Championship champagne again in a Red Sox uniform.

That's all great but he had offers on the table for 4 years and more than $50 million. That seems nuts to leave that much money hanging out there, even if it meant he would have had to play for the Phillies. As an added bonus, the Red Sox no longer needed to pursue A-Rod.

The fact remains that Lowell's still making less than J.D. Drew, who has 4 years and $56 million coming his way (excuse me while I puke in my mouth). How can Lowell honestly say he's not worth as much as J.D. Drew? Anyway, I'm glad Lowell resigned with the Sox and even happier that he did it for less money. Now we have more money to go after Johan Santana.

Oh, and in case you're wondering about the photo- it's Doug Mientkiewicz after Mike Lowell plowed into him last year. I don't like Doug Mientkiewicz and, apparently, neither does Mike Lowell.

No comments:

Football Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory