Thursday, December 6, 2007

Week 14 Picks

If I were Pete Rose, here's who I'd put money on. Last week I was 14-2. This week I think that the majority of these games could go either way. Not because they're such good matchups but because there are so many terrible teams that play totally inconsistent from week to week. Winning team is in CAPS.

Thursday, Dec. 6
CHICAGO at Washington
I don't like picking Chicago ever, especially on the road with Rex Grossman, but I have a hard time believing that the 'Skins can win this one just a few days after an emotional game against the Bills and then the funeral of Sean Taylor. And no offense to Joe Gibbs because I know he's a giant in the game, but I think it's time for him to quit/retire/be fired.

Sunday, Dec. 9
Carolina at JACKSONVILLE
I guess I'm going with Jacksonville here. They have the better record and home field advantage, as well as the added bonus of playing against Vinny Testaverde.

NY Giants at PHILADELPHIA
Eli Manning looked pretty awful last week and somehow managed to win the game. I'm pretty sure he'll look awful again this week but won't be able to rally the Giants against the Eagles on the road.

ST. LOUIS at Cincinnati
Carson Palmer stinks. This is one of those games that you just don't know what will happen. Either team could win by 20 or it could be a field-goal fest but I still like St. Louis.

TAMPA BAY at Houston
Tampa Bay has only allowed 187 points all season and is emerging as one of the top teams in the NFC.

Miami at BUFFALO
The Fish have never played well in cold weather and I don't expect that to change in the midst of a winless season. If the Fish were smart they would be putting all of their efforts into researching who they'll take with the number 1 pick in next year's draft. Although, if they were smart, they would have drafted Brady Quinn last year instead of Ted Ginn.

Oakland at GREEN BAY
Even with a two game winning streak, I don't see Oakland going into cheeseland and pulling off the upset.

DALLAS at Detroit
Four games ago, Detroit was 6-2. They're now 6-6 and look like they have no clue what to do on offense or defense. Although, it doesn't help that Rod Marinelli is their coach.

San Diego at TENNESSEE
This is the battle of highly touted quarterbacks playing terrible. Both teams come in at 7-5 but the Chargers lead the AFC West while Tennessee is third in the AFC South. With Albert Haynesworth back in the Tennessee D, look for them to shut down LDT.

MINNESOTA at San Francisco
It's funny how Detroit and Minnesota are both 6-6 and yet, Minnesota looks like it could be a formidable playoff opponent.

ARIZONA at Seattle
Yeah, Seattle has won four straight but they could easily have lost each of those games. I think their luck runs out this weekend.

CLEVELAND at NY Jets
The Jets suck and if Cleveland can't beat them then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh at NEW ENGLAND
I'll have a more in-depth preview tomorrow.

Kansas City at DENVER
I could see this game going either way, except that Herm Edwards coaches for KC. Never underestimate the power of an awful coach.

INDIANAPOLIS at Baltimore
I want to pick Baltimore. I really do but I just don't see them bringing the same intensity that they brought against New England last week. They threw everything they had at the Pats and still found a way to lose and pretty much end their season. Indy hasn't looked that great the last few weeks but I'll give them the slight edge because Baltimore will probably still be complaining about the officiating from the Pats game during this game.

Monday, Dec. 10
NEW ORLEANS at Atlanta
Two teams playing absolutely awful and going nowhere. Should be a great matchup.

No comments:

Football Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory