Saturday, March 1, 2008

Some Links That You May or May Not Enjoy

Law shows interest. In an offseason that has been riddled with marijuana charges against two Patriot players and the continuing SpyGate scandal, bringing Ty Law home would be some much needed welcome news, especially considering that Asante Samuel is already gone. Yeah, he may be 35 but he can't be any worse than what the Patriots trotted onto the field last year.


I already feel sick thinking about this. Would Randy Moss really sign with the Cowgirls? I can't even fathom how ticked off Tom Brady will be if this happens. Please don't tell me that Reche Caldwell is coming back to New England. Yup, I'm gonna be sick.


Baseball team looking for a few fat men. Well, if Bartolo Colon can't crack the starting rotation for the Red Sox, he can always audition to be a "manatee."


Congress asks for probe of Clemens. It wouldn't be a links section without having an article on Roger Clemens. Things just keep going from bad to worse. And the worse it gets for him, the better I feel. Speaking of getting worse, there's also this story about the Astros reconsidering Clemens' personal services contract.


Bears sign QB Grossman. I'm not sure who's the idiot in this story. The Bears are just looking for trouble by resigning Rex Grossman, even if it is to a low risk one-year deal. But I can't figure out why Grossman would want to come back to a place that seemingly hates him. I just don't see this ending well for 'da Bears.


Tiger's setting himself up for a historic run. It turns out that the Patriots couldn't go 19-0 this season. Could Tiger go 19-0?


Obama has Oden's vote. So Greg Oden is voting for Barack Obama because 'He is a real sports fan.' I guess that's as good as any reason during this primary season.


Remaining MLB free agents. Here's a good read on some of the remaining MLB free agents that are available for the right price. It's amazing what some of these knuckleheads have turned down in previous years to go after more money and, in the case of people like Jeff Weaver, it didn't turn out too good.


Coughlin to get 4 year, $21 million extension. For a guy that has had a love-hate relationship with New York, I think this is a huge risk to sign Coughlin for this much. He was nearly fired after starting 0-2 last year. The thing that baffles me the most is that Mike Holmgren is the highest paid coach in the NFL at $8 million a year. That's insane.


Tyree seeks super name for super catch. I feel sick thinking about this catch. I feel even more sick thinking that the Boston Herald actually published this story. I just threw up in my mouth.


With the start of baseball just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at some highlights from 1959. Yes, 1959. I have no idea why half of this video is in slow motion but it's pretty funny, especially around the 1:00 minute mark where the pitcher throws his glove at a bird. PETA would roast that guy if it happened today:


No comments:

Football Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory