Saturday, March 8, 2008

Some Links That You May or May Not Enjoy

New Three Versus Big Three. I think this should put to rest the debate about who was better- the current Big Three for the Celtics or the former Big Three. I'd say that the former Big Three wins in a landslide (or by the width of Kevin McHale's armspan, which still freaks me out to this day).


Moss shuns late grab. For all of the bad things that were written about Randy Moss over the course of his career, he's been nothing but a model citizen since joining (and resigning) with the Patriots. Yes, I do believe that Bill Belicheat puts something in the water. And did you know that Moss has his own website?


New York lawmaker urges FBI to drop Clemens probe. I've got to admit that I agree with this guy. I would hope that Congress and the FBI would have more pressing things on their hands than to continue to ruin Clemens' career. Besides, Clemens is doing a fine job of ruining his career all by himself.


London man wants to become world's oldest marathoner. This guy is 101 years old and he's preparing to run the London Marathon. I feel sort of useless when I think about the fact that I couldn't run more than a mile without passing out. And just to clarify, when he says he'll have a pint and a fag after completing the race, he's talking about a cigarette. This guy also has 17 kids!


Aaron Rodgers says he's ready. What he says and what he's capable of are two different things. If I were a Packer fan, I'd be pretty nervous with this kid coming in and it has nothing to do with an adjustment to a new quarterback- I just don't think Rodgers is that good.


Is Big Papi Hall bound? It will be interesting to see how this plays out, since no pure DH has ever been elected to the Hall of Fame. I think Big Papi will need at least another three or four years of being one of the best hitters in the game to pull it off. Another World Series title (or two) wouldn't hurt, either.


Gaffney back in the mix. I said late last year that Jabar Gaffney was poised to be the third receiver for the Patriots next year, as he moved ahead of Donte Stallworth on the depth chart.


Papelbon gets a raise out of Sox. This was turning into the hot story of spring training earlier this week when the Sox and Papelbon seemed far apart on a contract. I've said before that the only thing that worries me about Jonathan Papelbon is his mouth. If you don't like making $775,000 a year to pitch, perhaps you'd prefer making $8 a hour pumping gas. Your choice.


Secondary getting a boost. Has anyone noticed that the Patriots are stockpiling defensive players this offseason? This is how the Patriots have been so successful in the past- they don't make a ton of flashy signings but they find the right pieces at the right price.


Pitching like it's 1999. And to think that this article could have been on Johan Santana and Josh Beckett. Or Josh Beckett and Pedro Martinez. Or Josh Beckett, Pedro Martinez and Johan Santana. Just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed that Tacoby Bellsbury, John Lester and Clay Bucholz have all stunk this preseason so far? Why do I have the feeling that Lester and Bucholz could both stink while Santana is winning five consecutive Cy Young awards pitching for the Mets.

Apparently Dustin 'Daddy' Pedroia's idea of offseason conditioning includes lifting donuts to your mouth and repeating one hundred times a day:

No comments:

Football Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory