Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week 2 NFL Picks

Now you all know why I don't bet on these games. Last week I was 7-9 so take these picks for what they're worth, which apparently isn't very much. As always, winning team is in CAPS.

Sunday, September 14
Tennessee at CINCINNATI
Tennessee is just awful, with or without Vince Young. Although, I don't think Cincinnati is much better.

GREEN BAY at Detroit
How bad does Detroit have to get for Matt Millen to be fired?

Oakland at KANSAS CITY
Can I pick a tie here? Seriously, both these teams suck. I guess I'll continue with my rule of picking the home team when in doubt.

NY Giants at ST. LOUIS
I'm keeping my word from last week and not picking the Giants to win a game this year. Although, I have no confidence that St. Louis could beat a Pop Warner team right now.

Indianapolis at MINNESOTA
Indianapolis falls to 0-2 and we see the return of the Peyton Manning Horse Face. I'm excited!

NEW ORLEANS at Washington
I think that Washington is over rated this year. Although, I think that New Orleans is over rated, too.

Chicago at CAROLINA
Nice win by Chicago in Indy last weekend. Unfortunately, the real Kyle Orton is playing for the Bears this weekend.

Buffalo at JACKSONVILLE
I like Buffalo this year but I don't think they can topple the Jaguars on their own field.

SAN FRANCISCO at Seattle
Seattle is holding a contest with the winner getting to play wide receiver in this weekend's game.

ATLANTA at Tampa Bay
Matt Ryan leads the Falcons to two straight wins. Michael Vick continues weeping in a dark penitentiary.

Baltimore at HOUSTON
No particular reason here. I'm not even applying my when in doubt pick the home team rule. It was a completely arbitrary pick.

NEW ENGLAND at NY Jets
I'm going with New England in this game and it has nothing to do with me being a complete homer. I'm also picking them big. More to come in a special Saturday edition of Running Up The Score.

Miami at ARIZONA
Kurt Warner looked like the Kurt Warner of old last weekend.

San Diego at DENVER
I'm sticking with my prediction that San Diego misses the playoffs. Denver might be good this year with an experienced Jay Cutler leading the way.

PITTSBURGH at Cleveland
Pittsburgh in a rout. Seriously, Cleveland is in big trouble this year.

Monday, September 15
PHILADELPHIA at Dallas
Tony Romo and the Cowgirls tend to shrink in the spotlight. Look for that to continue on MNF.

No comments:

Football Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory