Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's Time To Move On

In the words of the most famous hooded one (no, not Yoda), Bill Belichick, "It's time to move on." And so I'm moving on. . . at least, I think I'm moving on. It's been over a week since I've been hearing the name David Tyree in my nightmares and I did get a refund for my '19-0: The Perfect Season' book from the Boston Globe already. So, yeah, I'm moving on. And moving on means looking ahead to baseball.

With that in mind, this past weekend was the Annual Moving Day at Fenway and that can only mean one thing: yup, you guessed it, Larry Lucchino is back in business selling ad sponsorships on the side of a moving truck. I mean, who the heck puchases ad space that will only be seen for a few hours on the side of a moving truck? How much do you think CVS paid for that ad? Actually, I don't think it matters because whatever they paid, it was too much. And could they have made the logo any smaller or did they think it was going on an 18 foot U-Haul truck instead of an 18 wheeler? These are just a few of the thoughts I've pondered while trying to move on.

An even better question is who the heck comes out to watch the movers load the truck? Well, according to the Boston Globe and Boston Herald, about 50 people showed up to watch the festivities (movers sweating, lots of boxes with names on them and there was even a report of Wally the Green Monster walking around). Sounds fun, if standing out in the cold watching people move boxes is your idea of fun.

Anyway, I'm moving on (for now). And part of my post Super Bowl therapy calls for some light reflection on the past, as well. So here's a little reflecting that I rather enjoy:

No comments:

Football Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory