Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Some Links That You May Or May Not Like (All Baseball Edition)

Red Sox vs. Rays: So we meet again. There has definitely been some bad blood between these two teams over the years and I fully expect it to flare up at some point during this series.


American League East rivals fight it out in ALCS. More on the bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays.


Angels seething after first round exit. Gotta love the Angels. They claim to be the best team in baseball but they played in the weakest division and now their players are upset with another first round exit at the hands of the Red Sox. John Lackey says he wants to throw someone through a wall but he'd probably miss the wall with the way he pitches.


Tim McCarver won't mince words on Manny Ramirez. It pains me to put a plug in for Time McCarver because I find him difficult to listen to but if he doesn't hold back in the NLDS, I might become president of his fan club.


New faces produce familiar result.I've questioned a lot of moves by Theo Epstein over the years (mostly free agent acquisitions) but I give him a lot of credit for building a farm system that consistently produces top talent. In the last few years alone, we've brought up Jonathan Papelbon, Dustin Pedroia, Tacoby Bellsbury, Jed Lowrie and Justin Masterson, just to name a few.


Yankees season keeps getting worse. Gee, this couldn't have happened to a nice group of guys.


Mannywood sounds more like bizarro world. Do people seriously think that Manny Ramirez has changed at all since joining the Dodgers? He's only after the money and once he gets his new deal, it will be more of Manny being Manny. I think it's funny that when the Dodgers are celebrating after beating the Cubs, Manny goes up to the GM and asks for a five year deal. It's always been about Manny and it always will be about Manny.


New place, familiar situation. I'm not a big Joe Torre fan but I always wondered why the Yankees would let him go. I also think it's kind of cool that he's still managing meaningful games while the Yankees are waiting for tee times.


Zimmer the ultimate common denominator. It's still weird seeing Don Zimmer in a Rays uniform.


Baseball ratings don't trump football. I'll try to be brief with my rant about the baseball schedule- Bud Selig is single handedly causing the demise of America's past time by allowing TBS to broadcast games (many households don't get TBS) and for allowing East Coast games to begin at 9:30 (an entire generation of fans are missing the opportunity to see playoff baseball). I'm not just saying this as a Red Sox fan who can't stay up until 1:30 in the morning but as a sports fan- all football games are on at times when every American has an opportunity to watch them. You can't say that about baseball.

I guess with the Roger Clemens situation cooling off, Manny is my new least favorite athlete around. I realize that he helped the Red Sox win two World Series but I've never seen a more selfish, loathsome player in my life. My favorite part of this video is at the 3:06 mark:

No comments:

Football Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory