Monday, October 20, 2008

Time to Winterize the Duck Boats

Well, that didn't quite turn out the way I thought it would. Going into this game, I thought that there was no way that the Red Sox could possibly lose that game. But I'll tip my cap to the Rays- they haven't faded all year, they play in the toughest division and they played this series like they've been in the playoffs before.

In the end, the Rays outplayed us in nearly every facet of the game during this series. Not sure if I've just gotten used to losing big games this year, but this one doesn't seem to hurt much. I mean, the Red Sox basically came back from the dead in game five to win the right to travel back to Tampa Bay so we were living on borrowed time anyway. But to their credit, the Rays' pitching was great the entire series and the Sox just couldn't get that one big hit to break open an inning during the last two games. It seemed like they always had men on base except that Jason Varitek or Mark Kotsay was always coming up to the plate. And I've never seen one team hit so many home runs as the Rays did in this series.

But today I'm moving on so it's time to start looking for a replacment for Varitek and to look for some good middle relief pitchers not named Manny Delcarmen. I may or may not be back later this week with a World Series preview. I will, however, be back with a Monday Night Football preview later today.

Congratulations once again to the Rays and all of their fan(s).

No comments:

Football Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory